Directory of services
Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck Surgery
The ENT Surgery Section at Saad Specialist Hospital is continually striving to improve and incorporate the latest expertise and equipment, to ensure the section parallels the highest standards set by international institutions.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
The ENT, Head and Neck Department at Saad Specialist Hospital has demonstrated excellence in a wide range of areas. These include:
Procedures are undertaken for the treatment of nasal obstruction and for patients suffering from snoring and sleep apnea. The latter treatment is coupled with sleep studies undertaken in an advanced sleep laboratory newly introduced at Saad Specialist Hospital. The relevant ENT surgery consultants at Saad Specialist Hospital have extensive experience in somnoplasty procedures, including tonsillar and tongue somnoplasties
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgeries (FESS) and other endoscopic procedures including:
- Endoscopic control of bleeding.
- Endoscopic DCR.
- Endoscopic control of CSF leaks.
- Endoscopic removal of foreign bodies.
- Diagnostic procedures of upper and lower airways (tracheoscopy, bronchoscopy, and esophagoscopy).
Facial plastic surgery and maxillo-facial surgery:
- Trauma of the face and neck.
- Tumor excision and reconstruction of ENT/ head and neck defects.
- Revision of facial scars.
- Reconstructive and cosmetic ear surgeries.
- Cleft palate repair.
- Different flaps and grafts for reconstruction.
Various rhinoplasty techniques, including:
- Nasal implants.
- Advanced nasal reconstructive procedures following trauma and tumor excisions including total nasal reconstruction.
- Nasal septal reconstruction and repair of septal perforations.
- Skull-base surgery and trans-sphenoid approach to pituitary gland surgery.
- Vocal chord surgeries / micro-laryngeal surgeries, for hoarseness and laryngeal lesions.
Complex middle ear surgery including:
- Ossicular reconstruction and stapedectomy for hearing improvement.
- Salivary glands surgery and head / neck cancer procedures.
Other ENT procedures, including:
- All basic ENT procedures, such as septoplasty and turbinates surgery, and different ear tubes insertion.
- Use of navigation system in selected cases to enhance accuracy and prevent complications.
Saad Specialist Hospital’s Holmium: YAG Laser has been used in specific ENT surgeries, and CO2 Laser is now being introduced to expand Laser uses in ENT surgeries.
- Facial plastic surgery and traumatic maxillo-facial surgery.
Saad Specialist Hospital’s Audiology Clinic acts as an on-site partner to the ENT department and has facilities that can accommodate a wide range of testing, including:
- ABR (Auditory Brain-Stem Evoked Response) and Oto-acoustic emissions, used to detect hearing levels in infants and young children; also in mental retardation patients.
- Pediatric hearing evaluation and screening.
- Various audiometric procedures to diagnose all ear pathologies.
- Special hearing tests.
- Hearing aids selection and evaluation.
- A balance-testing, which includes electronystagmography.
- Neuro-otology procedures.
- Major head and neck cancer procedures.
- Cochlear implant program.