Directory of services
The Pain Clinic at Saad Specialist Hospital has been established to treat people in chronic pain. It is suited for those who have not responded well to conventional therapy, or to those who require advanced conventional therapies (high dose opioids), or who wish to explore an alternative to surgery such as interventional pain therapies.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
The Pain Clinic is mainly for people with chronic pain. Many patients are referred from other clinics; other patients opt for other therapies instead of surgery or regular painkillers that have become ineffective. Conditions treated include:
- Persistent back or neck pain.
- Leg or arm pain.
- Complex regional pain syndrome.
- Work-related injuries.
- Pain related to diabetes, vascular disease, or post-surgical neuropathy.
- Multiple sclerosis, stroke, or cerebral palsy.
- Myofascial pain syndrome.
- Cancer pain.
- Abdominal or pelvic pain.
- Severe painful muscular contracture.
Although the goal is to cure chronic pain, this is not always possible as many chronic pain conditions are difficult to treat. However, even though the provided treatment may not cure the pain, it will alleviate it significantly.
Treatment modalities available at the Pain Clinic include:
- Advanced medication/narcotic therapy.
- Behavioral treatment.
- Physical therapy (pool therapy, traction, exercise).
- TENS (transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation).
- PENS (percutaneous electric nerve stimulation).
- Tendon infiltration.
- Trigger points injections.
- Botox injection.
- Peripheral nerve infiltration.
- Intra-articular injection.
- Epidural steroid injections.
- Facet nerve blocks.
- Cryodenervation (will be available soon).
- Spinal cord stimulation.